For their size, hemp seeds pack a huge health punch. The seeds are high in protein and healthy fats.
They're even high in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D, zinc, fiber, and calcium.
Hemp seeds can be eaten in many ways. You can use them for crunch in your salad. Add them to yogurt for texture.
Crazily, you can even use the seeds to make a relatively healthy dessert. Gone are the days of feeling guilty for eating sweets.
Think that cookies and healthy can't go hand-in-hand? Think again!
Keep reading for our top 2 favorite recipes for chocolate chip hemp cookies.
1. Vegan Chocolate Chip Hemp Cookies
These cookies aren't only healthy, they're vegan! The added hemp seeds give the cookies a nice added hint of nuttiness. In less than 30 minutes, you've got guilt-free cookies!
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup hemp seeds, divided
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flower
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a blender to mix almond milk, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, and 3/4 cup hemp seeds.
- Once blended, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and puree for 30 seconds. The mixture should be creamy with small chunks.
- In a bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour and stir until totally combined.
- Stir in remaining hemp seeds and chocolate chips.
- Use a 2 tablespoon measure and place mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your hand or a spoon to flatten the mixture.
- Bake for 11 minutes. For crisper cookies, bake for 13-14 minutes.
2. Chocolate Chip Protein Hemp Cookies
These cookies are more than just dessert! The high protein content will keep you full, making them a perfect on-the-go breakfast.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 4 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flour, hemp seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium-size bowl mix almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Combine until creamy.
- Add flax seed and milk slowly. Mix well.
- Add flour and oat mixture along with chocolate chips. Mix using a wooden spoon.
- Use a 1 tablespoon scoop. Place dough onto the baking sheet and flatten using your fingers.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Your Go-to Source for All Hemp Seed Products
Interested in making the cookies above? Want to make hemp seeds a routine part of your diet?
If so, Hippie Butter is the company you need. We provide a variety of hemp products, including oil, butter, and seeds. We even offer ready to eat hemp bars!
Contact our team today to learn about our products.
Check out our blog post The Definitive Guide to Vegan Chocolate here.