The effectiveness of modern, natural, hair care products is known to all, because they are very effective in reducing hair loss and enhancing hair beauty. They are also perceived as being free from side effects and may deliver additional health benefits.
Balanced diets rich in vitamins and minerals are a must for hair health. In this regard, natural products are receiving increased recognition after years of neglect. Natural hair care products have become popular for both external and internal use. Besides, they have less chance of causing over-treatment and they rarely over-dry or over-condition your hair.
Using the right hair care and beauty products is essential for the look and health of your hair. But, the problem with natural hair care products is that you may find it difficult to choose one that is appropriate for you and your hair. Most of the products available in the market today, have a "Natural" label, whether genuine or fake making it harder to find a good natural hair care product.
Four types of products make a medley of hair care items. The four basic natural hair care products are: hair cleansing products, hair conditioners, hair remedies and hair nutrition products.
What Are Natural Hair Care Products?
Not all natural hair care products all natural. Products available in salons and over store counters are never 100% natural, because, for better results and preservation issues, they need to contain a certain amount of synthetic ingredients. The synthetic products can also provide better foaming, cleaning and emulsifying than 100% natural products. However, you can prepare some home made hair care products that are absolutely natural.
You might have come across some organic hair growth products and equated that with natural hair growth products. However, they are different. Organic does not mean natural. You can prepare organic products synthetically and those products are not always safe, gentle and effective.
Examples of Natural Hair Care Products
- Nettle Root Extract: Rich in vitamins A and C, it is used as an inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase.
- Saw Palmetto Extract: It is an effective anti-androgen and fights benign prostatic disease by lowering levels ofDHT. That's why it is good for the people in androgenetic alopecia.
- Rosemary and Sage: These are very good natural hair enhancers. Boil together in water rosemary,sage, peach leaf, nettle and burdock and use in the hair. This will strengthen your hair.
- Jojoba Oil: It keeps your scalp healthy and free from skin diseases. It controls dandruff. Jojoba oil is also a great moisturizer for your hair.
- Aloe Vera: It balances the pH level of scalp and heals by cleaning the pores. Shampoo made up of aloe vera gel with a small amount of wheat germ oil and coconut milk is a great hair enhancer.
- Henna: Henna is a popular natural hair conditioner and hair coloring product. It is excellent for the maintenance of healthy hair. It protects hair against breakage and restores hair shine.
- Psyllium Husk: Psyllium husk works as a laxative agent, it safely move waste through the colon. And makes your digestive system clean and healthy, which is necessary for better hair health.