Have you ever struggled to turn off your brain at night? Have you ever laid in bed for hours just hoping that sleep would overcome your brain? Sleep problems are incredibly common across the United States. Some people blame their terrible sleep patterns on their stress levels or their anxiety. Irregular sleep patterns could be due to a variety of different problems. Chamomile tea before sleep may actually help lull you to sleep!
Chamomile Tea and Sleep
Chamomile tea and sleep have gone hand-in-hand for many years. People have been drinking this tea for hundreds of years prior to falling asleep. Research has shown that chamomile tea are in fact a mild sedative. It helps sleep by relieving the body of factors that may be negatively affecting sleep; insomnia, anxiety, and stress. Often times insomnia is due to stress and anxiety. With the mild sedative effects of chamomile tea, you will most likely feel the tension drain from your body.
It is time that you had the best sleep of your life without the use of harmful medications and the groggy side effects. Chamomile tea can help with that process. Once you experience your first night of sleep after drinking chamomile tea you will wonder how you ever survived before you found it.
An Alternate Form of Medicine
Chamomile tea has been used in alternative forms of medicine for thousands of years. It has been recognized for it’s calming effects and much more. Chamomile tea and sleep usually go hand in hand so people across the world drink it prior to bed. Thankfully for tea lovers everywhere this form of team is fragrant and tasty.
Chamomile tea has been backed by positive results and with scientific research! More and more people around the world are looking for an all-natural way to treat their ailments and teas are one of the more popular ways. Sure, chamomile tea for sleep is popular but there are many more benefits to regular chamomile tea consumption.
- Sleep-Aid: Chamomile is a mild sedative and helps with mild sleep problems.
- Stress-Reduction: As a mild sedative it can reduce stress reactions and anxiety.
- Boost Immunity: Chamomile tea is full of antioxidants which are great for the body.
- Burn Soothing: A cooled tea bag will reduce pain from minor burns due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dark Circle Reduction: Cooled tea bags placed under the eyes can help reduce puffiness due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- Menstrual Cramps: Due to the sedative and muscle relaxing properties this tea helps decrease cramping.
- Upset Stomachs: Scientific research has shown that the properties of Chamomile help settle upset stomachs, ease nausea, and decrease heartburn.
- Canker Sores: Using a cooled chamomile tea as a mouth rinse can help decrease pain caused by mouth sores due to the sedative effects.