- ALL NATURAL
- TREAT YOURSELF
Have a Hippie Hemp Spa Day Delivered to You! It’s the end of the year. Are you already feeling stressed? Has someone harshed your mellow? Fear not, gentle reader, for we have created a groovy, at-home, hemp-to-toe treatment menu that will have you feeling like you’re floating on a big cloud of mellow all the way to bedtime.
Set aside an hour to immerse yourself in mellowness.
1. honey (raw and local is best)
2. 4-6 mashed, ripe strawberries or 1-2 mashed bananas - if you prefer or have an allergic reaction to strawberries
3. granulated sugar (white or brown sugar- preferably organic)
4. plain yogurt (not flavored)
5. olive oil
6. plastic wrap for treatments
7. optional essential oil (lavender, almond, cardamon - whatever you like)
8. Hippie Hemp Seed Spa Day Set, which includes,
• Directions for your luxurious Hippie Hemp Spa Day
• 1 Hemp Seed Shampoo
• 1 Hemp Seed Conditioner
• 1 Hemp Seed Lotion
• 1 Hemp Seed Massage & Bath Oil
• 1 Hemp Seed Moisturizing Cream
• 1 Hemp Seed Soap
• 1 Aromatic tea bag (for facial steaming)
• 1 Hippie Butter Backpack/Gift Package
Step 1. Prep:
Prepare Olive Oil & Sugar Facial Scrub
1. 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2. 1/2 cup olive oil
3. Optional: 2-3 drops of your prefered essential oil Combine olive oil and granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one month in an air-tight container -be sure to stir. (You can increase the ratios to make more of the mix). Set aside for Step 4.
Prepare Honey, Yogurt & Strawberry Facial Mask
1. 4 - 6 fresh strawberries, or substitute 1-2 bananas if you prefer, or if you’re allergic to strawberries.
2. 2 Tsp plain (not flavored) yogurt.
3. 2 Tbsp of honey (raw and local is best) Gather all the ingredients you need for this. Wash the strawberries and cut off their leaves. Puree the strawberries, or bananas, in a food processor, or mash with fork before use. Please do not use flavoured yogurt – use the plain kind! If your yogurt is cold, allow it to reach room temperature first. Set aside for Step 8.
Get in the Mellow Mood. Turn off your phone and computer. Slip into a robe, play some groovy, relaxing music. Light some incense or a petroleum-free candle, and sip on some herbal tea, (chamomile) or something sparkly. Take a deep breath in through your nose, hold for a moment, then completely exhale through your mouth. Relax and quiet your mind.
Facial Steam. Place the aromatic tea bag from your Hippie Hemp Spa Day Kit in a simple pot of hot — not boiling — water. Steam will relax you, open your pores, and prepare you for your next treatments. If you would like, add a few drops of essential oil, fresh herbs, or a tea bag of your favorite tea. Pour the hot water into a glass or ceramic bowl resting on a folded towel or two. Part of the facial experience is to add some beauty to your day, so if you have a pretty bowl on hand, use that one! If you're in a hurry, you can also just use the pot you boiled the water in. Drape a towel over your head so that it creates a sort of tent over your face, and hold your face over the water. Keep your face over the steam for about 10 minutes. Close your eyes and breathe deeply, allowing the heat to awaken your face and open your pores. ***Don't steam your face for too long, or get too close to the hot water. The heat can cause inflammation if exposure is too high.***
Facial Scrub. Now it’s time for your prepared Olive Oil & Sugar Facial Scrub. Exfoliating after a steam is a great way to help diminish blackheads, and prepare skin for your facial mask. Be sure to apply the scrub to your face in the shower, avoiding the eye area. Rub onto your clean face and neck - using gentle circular motions - for 60 seconds. Rinse clean with warm water.
Hair Mask. While still in the shower, dampen hair and slather with Hemp Seed Conditioner, then wrap hair in a towel. Really let this soak into your hair. The Omega-6 and Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) from Hemp Seed Oil strengthen your scalp and hair-shaft leaving your hair shiny and soft, thus preventing hair loss due to harsh chemicals and over-processing. Keep your hair wrapped in the towel and step out of the shower.
Bath. As you run your bath water, add one tablespoon of Hemp Seed Massage & Bath Oil directly into the water. Hemp seed oil is rich in EFAs and It nourishes the epidermis and moisturizes dry, cracked skin. Hemp Seed Massage & Bath Oil creates a barrier on your skin to seal in moisture and help improve and prevent certain itchy and painful skin conditions. For a relaxing scent, add about 20 drops of essential lavender oil if you’d like. Soak as long as you feel like it.
Quick Rinse & Seal in Moisture. Hopefully you are already starting to feel a bit like jello (in a groovy way). Take a quick rinse-off shower and use our moisturizing Hemp Seed Bath Soap on your body and Hemp Seed Shampoo to wash out your Hair Mask. While you’re still damp and your pores are open, apply the Hemp Seed Massage & Bath Oil directly onto your skin and let soak in for a few minutes. Pat dry and get back into your robe.
Facial Mask. Apply the prepared Honey, Yogurt & Strawberry Facial Mask to your face. Using clean hands or a sanitized brush, gently apply the mixture all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Then apply your foot wrap.
Foot Wrap. While face-masking, apply Hippie Butter Hemp Seed Lotion to your feet and put plastic wrap around them. Wrap your feet in a hot towel. To make a hot towel, get a hand towel wet, wring out excess water, and pop in the microwave for one minute. Don’t skip this step — it’s the cherry on top that truly makes you feel like you’re in a spa. Lie back with your facial and foot wraps and relax for 10 to 15 minutes.
Rinse, Slather & Unwrap: Rinse-off your facial mask with warm water and then slather Hemp Seed Moisturizing Cream onto your face and neck. This hemp-seed-oil cream will draw and seal moisture into your skin, allowing it to remain hydrated and soft, without leaving an oily residue. Unwrap your feet.
Sleep on a Cloud of Mellow: Even if you only have time for a quick nap, try to lie down for at least 20 minutes…..or all night.
Say goodbye to stress and “Mellow” to Mr/Ms Sandman.
DISCLOSURE: Please note these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We’re not doctors. We are simply sharing our experiences.