How Hemp Seeds Can Help Seniors Live a Better Life
In Fact, Hemp Seeds are Vital for Seniors.
Yes, hemp seeds can help Seniors live a better life. New studies on aging report Seniors and people on low-fat diets are at increased risks for protein, Omega-6 and Omega-3 deficiencies. Now we know a diet rich in hemp seed proteins and essential fatty acids (EFAs) can improve the health, happiness, and quality of life for all ages, especially those 50 and above,
The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
What are Hemp Seeds
- Considered nuts, hemp seeds come from the flower of the 10,000 year old agricultural hemp plant.
- Humans have used the hemp plant and its nutritional benefits since prehistory.
- Hemp seeds have over 125,000 uses - food, medicine, fiber, paper, clothing, and fuel.
- Taste nutty and delicious - like a combination of pine nuts and sunflower seeds.
- Ideal dairy, wheat-flour, and nut alternatives.
- Non-GMO, allergen-free, gluten-free, THC-free
- Hemp seed goodness comes in many forms - hulled, toasted, butter, oil, flour, protein powder, milk, and skincare products.
- Hemp seeds are "superfoods."
Why are They so Good for Us?
- Hemp seeds provide 30 grams of easily-digestible proteins, Edestin and Albumin.
- Contain the perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 EFAs. No other nut or vegetable oil contains this ratio.
- Hold all 9 amino acids, and vitamins A, C, and E.
- Loaded with minerals - phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc.
- Rich in fiber and phytonutrients.
How do Hemp Seeds Benefit Seniors?
- EFAs in hemp seeds ease and reduce chronic pain.
- Lower blood sugar levels.
- Increase muscle growth.
- Speed recovery time after injuries.
- Support optimal hormone secretion.
- Hold healthy joints and connective tissue by reducing inflammation and lubricating tissues.
- Sustain mental functioning and brain health by aiding nerve impulse transmission.
- Enhance heart and lung health by lowering cholesterol and triglycerides, in addition to decreasing stroke-inducing blood clots.
- Repair skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis.
- In addition, hemp's benefits correct epidermal damage due to sun exposure.
- Supports urinary tract health, thereby reducing the risk of Prostatitis.
- Overhauls damage made by consuming artificial and processed foods.
- Reduce inflammation thereby lowering the risk of degenerative chronic diseases.
The agricultural hemp plant really is a "Tree of Life." The nutritional benefits of nutty, delicious "superfood" hemp seeds are vital to seniors. It's easy to add them to daily routines. Eat a handful of hulled hemp seeds or a protein bar, bake, drink a tablespoon of hemp seed food oil, or wash your face with lush hemp seed soap. Either way, the goodness of hemp seeds treat you from the inside out. Viva la Hemp! Viva le Golden Years!