- 6 Healthy Foods That Will Help Your Thyroid Naturally
- Is Hemp Shampoo and Conditioner a Good Buy? See What Our Customers Say
- Hemp Seed Protein Powder Benefits: Energy, Satisfaction, Awesomeness
- Kill Fat with the Keto Diet and Hemp Seeds
- Hemp Seeds: Rocking the Post-Workout Snack World, One Tablespoon at a Time
10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Eat Hemp Seeds
1) Hemp seed products taste great! With a taste similar to sunflower seeds and pine nuts, hemp seed products come in many forms: hulled, toasted, flour, protein powder, oil, coffee, butter and more. You can find lots of great hemp seed products at Hippie Butter Hemp Seeds
2) Hemp seeds have the perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 essential fatty acids that benefit the body most. Learn more about The Importance of Omega 3 Acid.
3) Hemp Seed products are easy to incorporate into your favorite recipes: eat hemp seeds straight out of the bag, replace low-temperature oils with hemp seed oil, swap grain-flours for hemp seed flour and protein powder to add nutty flavor to breads, crackers and pastries. Check out the website " Cooking with Hemp Seeds" for lots of great ideas.
4) Hemp seeds make you feel "full" so it's easier to lose weight when eating hemp seeds everyday.
5) Eating hemp seeds in the afternoon is a great way to get an extra energy boost when needed the most. Hemp Seed Coffee is available for those who want or need even more energy.
6) Hemp Seed Protein contains the 18 key amino acids including the 10 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce. Proteins are considered complete when they contain the essential amino acids in a sufficient quantity and ratio to meet the body's needs. Hemp seeds supply these high quality proteins (EAAs) for a well-balanced diet. Hemp seeds are great for the whole family: expectant moms, dads, kids, athletes, convalescents and seniors.
7) Hemp Seed Oil is the perfect fish oil replacement. "Sea-free" hemp seed oil is mercury-free, contains the perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 essential fatty acids, tastes nutty and fresh and won't give you fishy burps.
8) Hemp seed food products are an excellent source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese. Hemp seeds are gluten-free, will not trigger celiac disease, and are high in Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids that benefit cardiovascular health, reduce cholesterol and triglyceridel levels, and decrease the cellular explosion associated with atherosclerosis.
9) Hemp seeds are nutty, delicious, taste better and are easier to cook with than flax seeds or chia seeds. Here is a great article explaining the difference between
Hemp Seeds vs. Flax Seeds.
10) The hemp plant that grows hemp seeds is a renewable green resource for more than 50,000 products!
A little more hemp information from Jack Herer
"Imagine the entire dairy, pasta, soup, sauce, meat, and snack section of your supermarket. All of those things can be made from hemp seeds or can be substituted by hemp seeds! Really, you can get any protein, any carbohydrate and any mix of the two from hemp seeds. The hemp seed is a nutritional powerhouse. It contains high levels of the recommended 3:1 ratio of essential Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, osteoporosis and diabetes. Hemp seeds are also protein-rich and an excellent source of rare gamma-linoleic acid, important for growth and development as well as providing protection against degenerative conditions like arthritis.
Hemp products have a wonderful nutty flavor that can easily be incorporated into your diet while providing a powerful daily supplement. Hemp is miracle food. It contains everything you need to survive. I've heard accounts of prisoners being fed nothing but hemp gruel for years, their captors unable to figure out how they're surviving. I've heard of kingdoms where the peasants outlived the rich because they ate so much hemp. If you combine this food with a proper diet, there's no reason why we shouldn't all live past a hundred years!"